Young Living Cedarwood essential oil (Cedrus atlantica) has a woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma and creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere when diffused to help support a relaxing nighttime routine. The cleansing and moisturizing properties associated with Cedarwood also make it a great addition to your favorite skin care products. When applied topically, it can help maintain the appearance of healthy, youthful skin. You can also massage Cedarwood oil into your scalp to enhance the appearance of healthy-looking hair.
Botanical Family: Pinaceae
Plant Origin: Morocco, USA: Cedrus atlantica is the species most closely related to the biblical Cedars of Lebanon
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from bark
- Alpha-Himachalene (10-20%)
- Beta-Himachalene (35-55%)
- Gamma-Himachalene (8-15%)
- Delta-Cadinene (2-6%)
Note: The principal constituents of cedarwood are sesquiterpenes. It contains the highest percentage of all essential oils at 98%. It is followed by vetiver (97%), spikenard (93%), sandalwood (aloes) 90%, black pepper (74%), patchouli (71%), myrrh (62%), and ginger (59%).
ORAC: 169,000 µTE/100g
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
- Smooth skin by adding Cedarwood to your favorite lotions and skin care products.
- Place a few drops in your shampoo and conditioner for shinier-looking hair.
- Pamper yourself with an at-home scalp massage. Warm a few drops between your hands and rub into your scalp for healthy-looking hair.
- Create custom scents featuring Cedarwood on its own or as a base for your own signature scent. Try combining it with essential oils such as Tea Tree, Neroli, or Bergamot.
- Enjoy the outdoors annoyance free with Cedarwood blended with oils such as Citronella, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Myrtle, Clove, or Lemongrass.
- Leviticus 14:4 “Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to he cleaned two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop.”
- Leviticus 14:6 “As for the living bird, he shall take it, and the cedar wood, and the scarlet, and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird [that was] killed over the running water.”
- Leviticus 14:49 “And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop.”
BLENDS containing cedarwood essential oil
- Australian Blue
- Brain Power
- Egyptian Gold
- Highest Potential
- Into the Future
- Sacred Mountain
- Tranquil Roll-On
- T.R. Care
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing cedarwood essential oil
- ART Beauty Masque
- Bar Soap – Peppermint Cedarwood
- Cel-Lite Magic
- Mirah Shave Oil
- Savvy Minerals Hydrating Primer
- Savvy Minerals Misting Spray
- Shutran 3 in 1 Mens Wash
- Shutran Aftershave Lotion
- Shutran Bar Soap
- Shutran Beard Oil
- Shutran Shave Cream
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.