Young Living patchouli essential oil (Pogostemon cablin) has a musky, earthy, exotic aroma and is sometimes called “the scent of the sixties.” is carefully extracted through steam distillation of a low, bushy shrub native to tropical regions in Southeast Asia. Although the plant is part of the mint family, Patchouli essential oil has a powerful, musky scent, and because of its complex aroma, Patchouli oil uses often include perfumes, soaps, incense, and essential oil blends.
With a rich history and unique aromatic profile, Patchouli oil is perfect for the free spirit. Use its calming, relaxing aroma during meditation or yoga practice or apply topically to improve the appearance of skin.
Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
Plant Origin: Indonesia
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from flowers
- Patchoulol (27-35%)
- Bulnesene (13-21%)
- Alpha-Guaiene (11-16%)
- Beta-Patchoulene (1.8-3.5%)
- Beta-Caryophyllene (2-5%)
- Pogostol (1-2.5%)
- Norpatchoulenol (0.35-1%)
- Copaene (trace -1%)
ORAC: 49,400 µTE/100g
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
- May improve the appearance of dry, chapped skin.
- May be added to your favorite skin care products.
- Diffuse for a calming, relaxing, peaceful, and loving atmosphere.
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents patchoulol, bulnesene, and alpha-guaiene.
BLENDS containing patchouli essential oil
PERSONAL & HOUSEHOLD products containing patchouli essential oil
- Animal Scents Ointment
- LBriante Summer Blend
- Orange Blossom Charcoal Bar Soap
- Orange Blossom Facial Wash
- Orange Blossom Moisturizer
- Rose Ointment
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.