Young Living Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) is one of the most widely used and extensively researched essential oils, making it a must-have for every home. Because the benefits of Tea Tree oil include cleansing properties and a refreshing scent, this versatile oil can be used for everything from home cleaning solutions to skin care.
Keep a bottle of Tea Tree in your house to make homemade household cleaners, air fresheners, and linen spritzers. You can also find a world of uses for Tea Tree in your personal care and beauty routine. Incorporate this moisturizing yet cleansing oil into skin care applications and hair treatments for a spa-quality upgrade!
Botanical Family: Myrtaceae
Plant Origin: Australia, France
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from leaves
- Terpinen-4-ol (30-45%)
- Gamma-Terpinene (10-28%)
- Alpha-Terpinene (5-13%)
- 1.8-Cineole (Eucalyptol) (0-15%)
- Alpha-Terpineol (1.5-8%)
- Para-Cymene (0.5-12%)
- Limonene (0.5-4%)
- Aromadendrene (trace-7%)
- Delta-Cadinene (trace-8%)
- Alpha-Pinene (1-6%)
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Use a cotton swab to apply directly to the face.
- Add a drop to your shampoo to support a healthy-feeling scalp.
- If you forget to transfer your laundry to the dryer in a timely manner, run another washing cycle with a few drops added to the water.
- Add a drop to soften the skin around a splinter before removing it.
- Freshen and deodorize your rugs. Combine a few drops each of Tea Tree and Lavender with ¼ cup baking soda. Leave mixture overnight to let the oils absorb into the baking soda, and then sprinkle over rug and vacuum immediately. (As a bonus, your vacuum will smell fresher, too!)
- Diffuse to purify the air in your home or work space.
BLENDS containing Melaleuca alternifolia essential oil
NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS containing Melaleuca alternifolia essential oil
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing Melaleuca alternifolia essential oil
- Acne Treatment
- Animal Scents Ointment
- AromaGuard Meadow Mist Deodorant
- CitraGuard Deodorant
- Melaleuca-Geranium Bar Soap
- Rose Ointment
- Savvy Minerals Mattifying Primer
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.