Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) has a long history of use in skin care for its moisturizing properties to cleanse dry skin. It was highly regarded in biblical times and has an aroma that brings a deeper sense of spirituality.
Botanical Family: Burseraceae (Frankincense)
Plant Origin: Somalia
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from gum/ resin.
- Lindestrene (30-45%)
- Curzerene (17-25%)
- Furanoendesma-1,3-diene (4-8%)
- Methoxyfuronogermacrene (5-9%)
- Beta- and Gamma-Elemenes (3-6%)
ORAC: 379,800 µTE/100g
Historical Data: It is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, Ebers Papyrus (dating from sixteenth century B.C.) an ancient Egyptian list of 877 prescriptions and recipes.
How To Use
- Diffuse, directly inhale, or apply topically.
- Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
- Fill your home with the essence of the holidays by diffusing Myrrh with Frankincense and Orange.
- Mix a few drops into your daily moisturizer to help support the healthy appearance of skin.
- Add 3-5 drops to V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex for a comforting massage.
BLENDS containing myrrh essential oil
- Egyptian Gold
- Exodus II
- Infect Away
- Inner Harmony
- The Gift
- White Angelica
NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS containing myrrh essential oil
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing myrrh essential oil
- Animal Scents Ointment
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream
- Rose Ointment
- Sandalwood Moisture Cream
KITS containing myrrh essential oil
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.