Bergamot essential oil (Citrus bergamia) has an effervescent citrus aroma that makes it a great addition to your morning routine and to liven up your household chores. The yellow-green peel of this orange-shaped fruit is cold pressed to produce pure essential oil. While Bergamot has a primarily tart and uplifting aroma, there are also sweet and relaxing elements, making it a popular addition to perfumes.
Bergamot has attracted attention for its skin-cleansing properties, and its elegant scent makes it a popular addition to luxury shampoos, soaps, and cleansers. Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, so avoid applying the oil before spending time in the sun.
Botanical Family: Rutaceae
Plant Origin: Italy, Morocco
Extraction Method: Cold pressed from the rind; also produced by vacuum distillation. Furocoumarin-free bergamot oil is specially distilled to minimize the concentration of sun-sensitizing compounds in the oil.
- Limonene (30-45%)
- Linalyl Acetate (22-36%)
- Linalol (3-15%)
- Gamma-Terpinene (6-10%)
- Beta-Pinene (5.5-9.5%)
How To Use
- Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. May cause photosensitivity. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 48 hours after applying product.
- Diffuse at home, in the classroom, or while working to create an uplifting, positive environment.
- Place in the palms of your hands and inhale to experience a calming aroma during unsettling times.
- Combine a couple of drops with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use for an invigorating massage.
- Add to your nightly skin care regimen to create the appearance of smoother-looking skin. Keep in mind that Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, so avoid sun exposure after any application.
- Include a few drops in homemade cleaners to add an uplifting aroma to your chores.
BLENDS containing bergamot essential oil
- Build Your Dream
- Divine Release
- Gentle Baby
- Journey On
- Seedlings Calm
- T.R. Care
- White Angelica
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing bergamot essential oil
- ART Renewal Serum
- Dragon Time Bath & Shower Gel
- Genesis Hand & Body Lotion
- Mirah Luminous Cleansing Oil
- Prenolone Plus Body Cream
- Progessence Plus Serum
- Savvy Minerals Hydrating Primer
- Savvy Minerals Misting Spray
- Seedlings™ Baby Lotion
- Seedlings™ Baby Oil
- Seedlings™ Baby Wash and Shampoo
- Seedlings™ Baby Wipes
- Seedlings™ Linen Spray
See Bergamot Vitality
Same premium oil.
Different label for TOPICAL use.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.