Young Living vetiver essential oil (Vetiveria zizanoides) has an aroma that is earthy, eclectic, and exotic. It originates from a perennial grass native to the tropical regions in Asia. Because Vetiver is produced from the steam distillation of the plant’s root, the oil has a woodsy scent. It was used in ancient times, and the oil’s popularity still exists as an ingredient in colognes and fragrances—especially for men—as well as in soaps and moisturizers. Vetiver is great to diffuse in work and study areas because its diverse aroma helps create an uplifting environment. Due to its viscosity, we recommend diluting Vetiver with a carrier oil.
Botanical Family: Poaceae
Plant Origin: Haiti, Ecuador
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from the root.
- Isovalencenol (1-16%)
- Khusimol (7-21%)
- Alpha-Vetivone (2-7%)
- Beta-Vetivone (4-14%)
- Beta-Vetivenene (1-8%)
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Diffuse its invigorating aroma in an office or study room to create a relaxing, welcoming space where you can think freely.
- Add 5–10 drops to an evening bath for a relaxing, uplifting aroma.
- Combine a few drops of Vetiver oil with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and massage on skin for a calming experience that also moisturizes.
- Combine 3 drops of Vetiver, 5 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang for a calming diffuser blend that is perfect for relaxing evenings at home.
BLENDS containing vetiver essential oil
NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS containing vetiver essential oil
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing vetiver essential oil
- ART Sheerlumé Face Cream
- ART Creme Masque
- Cool Azul Pain Relief Cream
- Cool Azul Sports Gel
- LBriante Red Lip Gloss
- LBriante Amoressence & Winter Blends
- Melaleuca-Geranium Bar Soap
- Ortho Ease Massage Oil
- Ortho Sport Massage Oil
- Thieves Mouthwash
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.