SALT LAKE CITY, May 09, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Young Living, the world leader in essential oils, has just concluded its annual spring reforestation event at its two farms in northern Idaho. At the event in St. Maries and Naples, a group of passionate company distributors, led by Young Living Essential Oils founder and CEO, D. Gary Young, and Cory Weaver, vice president of Global Farms, planted dozens of acres of lavender, melissa and tansy–as well as more than 62,000 balsam fir, blue spruce, Western red cedar and Douglas fir trees. Included in the planting were the newly purchased 74 acres directly east of the existing Young Living farm in Naples.
The event is an integral part of the first step in Young Living’s Seed to Seal(R) process, which involves carefully attending to every detail—from the seeds sown to the plants harvested—in order to ensure that Young Living continues to offer the purest, most therapeutic essential oils available.
“I am really grateful to our distributors who have come from all over the world to participate in the reforestation event,” says Gary. “It is a true mark of character to see them working and planting in the cold, rain and snow. As Young Living continues to grow and expand, we need a sustainable yield of trees and plants. The only way to secure a steady supply for the future, and for our children, is by farming and reforestation efforts such as this one.”
In addition to Young Living’s reforestation efforts in Idaho, the company plans to add more than 35 new acres of lavender, 60 acres of peppermint, and 20 acres of German blue chamomile to its Whispering Springs farm in Mona, Utah. Young Living will also add 10 new acres of lavender plants at its farm in Simiane-la-Rotonde, France. No other company in the industry has the farms, the scientific expertise, and the global reach of Young Living Essential Oils.
- VIDEO: The Copaiba / CBD Relationship - Pharmacist Lindsey Elmore
- Melissa Essential Oil
- German Chamomile Essential Oil
- Idaho Balsam Fir Essential Oil
- Fun Facts about Lavender Essential Oil
- The Challenge of Distilling Connifers
- Gary Young: Personal Perspective on Seed to Seal Process
- Chemistry of Essential Oils
- VIDEO: Essential Oil Myth vs Fact - Pharmacist Lindsey Elmore
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Member's Experience Harvesting Lavender in France
- Infographic: All About Peppermint
- Audio: The Rejuvenating Effects of Raindrop Technique
- 2016 Winter Harvest at Highland Flats
- Peppermint Oil Testimonies & Tips
- Audio: Soothe body & mind with PanAway & Idaho Blue Spruce
- Idaho Blue Spruce Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Audio: Soothe Body and Mind with Lavender and Idaho Balsam Fir
- Young Living Farm in Simiane France