Young Living blue tansy essential oil (Tanacetum annuum) has been enjoyed for years by Young Living members in several popular blends. Now it can be yours as a single oil, and you can discover for yourself how to use Blue Tansy as an aromatic in your diffuser, as a topical application in your own homemade Blue Tansy skin care products, and in plenty of other ways as you use and share this exclusive oil.
More than 130 different compounds have been identified in Blue Tansy essential oil to date. In addition to chamazulene, Blue tansy oil conatins b-pinene, myrcene, and significant amounts of camphor (~10%).
Blue Tansy is a rare botanical in the chamomile family, and it has become celebrated for its use in high-end, luxury Blue Tansy skin care products. Strategic, conscientious sourcing of this premiere botanical, typically native to Morocco, allows us to bring our members access to the elite Blue Tansy essential oil.
Perhaps Blue Tansy’s most unique feature, chamazulene is the naturally occurring constituent that provides the oil’s characteristically rich, deep-blue color, which appears only after steam distilling the tiny yellow flowers.
With a sweet, pleasant aroma, any use becomes uplifting—whether it’s an addition to your nighttime routine or diffused throughout your home.
Botanical Family: Asteraceae or Compositea (daisy)
Plant Origin: Morocco
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from flowering plant
- Camphor (10-17%)
- Sabinene (10-17%)
- Beta-Pinene (5-10%)
- Myrcene (7-13%)
- Alpha-Phellandrene (5-10%)
- Para-Cymene (3-8%)
- Chamazulene (3-6%)
ORAC: 68,800 µTE/100g
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to one hour three times daily.
- CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Not intended for use during pregnancy. Blue Tansy may stain some surfaces, skin, and clothing.
- Combine Blue Tansy with Cool Azul™ essential oil blend and apply it topically to fatigued muscles for a soothing massage after exercise.
- Add Blue Tansy essential oil to your favorite moisturizer and apply it topically to help soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Add Blue Tansy to your Gentle Mist™ Personal Diffuser and diffuse it around your face to help hydrate and beautify your skin.
- Diffuse Blue Tansy throughout your home to create an inviting, uplifting environment with its sweet, floral fragrance.
- Add Blue Tansy to your own DIY bath salts to enjoy its skin-cleansing benefits and to help create a relaxing at-home spa atmosphere.
BLENDS that contain blue tansy essential oil
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.