Scott Johnson: Hello again and welcome to this edition of Young Living’s audio education series. I’m Scott Johnson, Young Living’s Product Training Program Manager. Today we are discussing two Young Living blends that no home should be without. You know the worst thing about not feeling well is when you know something is out there to offer relief but you don’t have it on hand; when you don’t feel your best you don’t want to have to go to the store or wait for an order to come in the mail, you want relief now. This is why it’s so important to have the right remedy with you at all times, and this is why I said that every home should have the two products we’re discussing today, namely ImmuPower and R.C. essential oil blends.
During certain seasons and times of the year people are more susceptible to becoming under the weather, and with our busy lives and schedules most of us just don’t have the time to be slowed down by seasonal maladies, nor do any of us want to watch our children feeling less than their best healthy selves. Well the good news is that you don’t need to endure either of these circumstances with the right remedies on hand. Certainly ImmuPower and R.C. provide unmatched protection for you and your family. Both of these blends work to support your body’s immune system and to bolster its defenses. The synergistic combination of oils contained in these two blends offer timely correction when you are not feeling well, and arm your body with the protection that allows you to safely make it through harsh seasons.
First we’ll discuss ImmuPower. ImmuPower is a powerful blend of Cistus, Frankincense, Oregano, Idaho Tansy, Cumin, Clove, Hyssop, Ravintsara, and Mountain Savory that offers a protective haven while increasing your energy levels, something that is critical when you aren’t feeling well because you generally just don’t have a lot of energy during these times. Each of the oils in this blend provides benefits for your immune system alone, but together they create a virtual all-star team to protect you and your family. Let’s examine some of the benefits of the individual oils this powerful blend contains:
- Cistus, also called the rock rose and believed to be the Biblical Rose of Sharon, produces an aromatic gum that was used anciently for a variety of reasons including supporting bowel, respiratory, and menstrual health. Today scientists are studying the ability of Cistus to support a healthy immune system, and even looking at it as an herbicide.
- One of the most versatile and highly prized essential oils, Frankincense is a valuable friend to your immune system. Frankincense essential oil supports the healthy production of white blood cells, which is an integral part of your body’s immune system. White blood cells search out harmful microorganisms and remove them from the body. Frankincense also contains the powerful compound d-limonene, which supports a healthy cell cycle. Many users take advantage of Frankincense’s remarkable protection properties by using it every single day.
- As one of the most powerful antioxidant and immune-enhancing oils known, Oregano is an integral part of ImmuPower. A wealth of scientific research demonstrates that Oregano supports a healthy immune system. The Greeks, ancient Chinese, and other cultures used Oregano extensively. Oregano is also added to another immune-supporting product, Inner Defense.
- Idaho Tansy has a pungent aroma that stimulates a positive attitude. Tansy has a long history of use for its bowel-nourishing and immune-strengthening properties. It is believed to tone the entire body and promote a sense of overall wellbeing.
- Cumin is more than a popular spice that you find in Mediterranean, Mexican, and Asian cuisine; it also amplifies immunity.
- Clove is one of the most potent antioxidant essential oils known. During the 8th century, enterprising Venetians became extraordinarily wealthy through the trade of this valuable spice. Clove contains eugenol, which has a long history of use as an anesthetic among dentists. It is also an important ingredient in Young Living’s Thieves blend due to its wonderful immune-enhancing properties.
- Mentioned in the Bible and sacred to the ancient Greeks, Hyssop is revered for its purifying properties and was used to cleanse holy places. It is prized among herbalists for its blood-nourishing and immune-strengthening properties.
- The people of Madagascar refer to Ravintsara as “the oil that heals.” Many essential oil users use Ravintsara and Eucalyptus interchangeably, because they both are rich in the monoterpene eucalyptol, which provides respiratory-supportive properties.
- Mountain Savory rounds out the immune-stimulating essential oils in this powerful blend. It is supportive of the immune, nervous, and circulatory systems. Traditionally it was used as a general tonic for the entire body.
Now lets discuss R.C., which is a very popular blend used to support the respiratory system. R.C. is a combination of three Eucalyptus oils and Myrtle, Pine, Spruce, Marjoram, Lavender, Cypress, and Peppermint. This blend is invigorating and comforting, both, especially when applied to the chest and throat area. It has a very clean scent that is wonderful to diffuse in the winter.
- Native to Australia, the more than 300 species of Eucalyptus trees are regarded as a cure-all by the indigenous Aboriginals. Traditional Chinese healers also used Eucalyptus for a diversity of purposes, but particularly for respiratory complaints. Today Eucalyptus is revered for its respiratory-supporting qualities due to its stimulating effect on the mucous membranes. When you inhale the oil it is very invigorating and helps you breathe easier.
- Myrtle provides a similar effect to Eucalyptus, but it is mild enough to use for children. Its clear, fresh, herbaceous aroma is soothing when inhaled, and supportive of the respiratory system. Traditionally Myrtle was used to build the health of the urinary, digestive, and respiratory systems.
- Pine has been used since the time of Hippocrates to support respiratory function. It has a very refreshing and invigorating aroma that helps to open the airways. I love the woodsy, evergreen scents like Pine, Balsam Fir, Spruce, and Cedar because I enjoy being in the outdoors, and smelling these oils brings the same feelings of joy experienced when actually in the mountains among these beautiful trees. Pine shares many of the same properties as Eucalyptus, and when blended the two oils create a synergistic effect, enhancing their respiratory-supportive properties.
- Another wonderful evergreen scent, Spruce, is supportive of the nervous and respiratory systems, and its refreshing aroma encourages a feeling of balance and grounding. Several Native American tribes valued it for chest complaints and used it for protection, and to capture the Universal Energy present on the Earth. Spruce was widely used by early herbalists to support a healthy respiratory system.
- With a woody, spicy aroma Marjoram is calming and provides a warming effect on both the mind and the body. It is considered a milder alternative to Oregano, and was traditionally employed to relieve chest and throat complaints.
- Lavender is calming and relaxing, but its benefits go far beyond that – modern research has discovered that it has antifungal, and antiseptic properties.
- Ancient healing traditions used Cypress extensively; the Chinese used it for purifying and cleansing, and the ancient Greeks used it for internal bleeding and wounds. Cypress is supportive of the circulatory and the respiratory systems.
- Peppermint is very invigorating and helps you breathe easier when it’s inhaled. To experience the invigorating effects of this oil you just need to place one or two drops of oil on your palm, rub your hands together, then cup them over your mouth and nose and breathe in deeply. This opens nasal passages and stimulates mental alertness.
Now that you’re more familiar with these two protective oils, we encourage you to make sure that you always have them on hand for those times when you need them. You’ll be glad that you don’t need to go far to get to these remedies when you need relief and protection! Until next time, we wish you abundant health and a wonderful day.