Young Living rose essential oil (Rosa damascena)—the product of one of the most recognizable and culturally significant flowers in the world—has a rich, intoxicating aroma that’s just as beautiful as the bloom itself. Rose essential oil is distilled to gently release the delicate flower’s oil through steam. Because each 5-ml bottle requires 22 pounds of rose petals, Rose oil is one of the most valuable essential oils you can acquire.
Rose oil uses include topical application to create an inspiring atmosphere and elevated spiritual experiences. Its sweet, rich aroma encourages feelings of positive self-reflection and can create an uplifted feeling when inhaled.
Botanical Family: Rosaceae
Plant Origin: Bulgaria, Turkey
Extraction Method: Therapeutic-grade oil is steam distilled from flowers (a two-part process).
Note: The Bulgarian Rosa damascena (high in citronellol) is very different from Morrocan Rosa centifolia (high in phenyl ethanol). They have different colors, aromas, and therapeutic action.
- Citronellol (24-50%)
- Geraniol (10-22%)
- Nerol (5-12%)
- Beta-Phenylethyl Alcohol (0.5-5%)
ORAC: 160,400 µTE/100g
Historical Data: Rose has been used for the skin or thousands of years. The Arab physician, Avicenna, was responsible for first distilling rose oil, eventually authoring an entire book on the healing attributes of the rose water derived from the distillation of rose. Throughout much of ancient history, the oil was produced by enfleurage, a process of pressing the petals along with a vegetable oil to extract the essence. Today, however, almost all rose oils are solvent extracted.
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Apply directly to skin to help moisturize and support the appearance of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
- Add a few drops to your favorite facial cream for added moisture.
- Diffuse in your home or bathroom for a spa-like setting and a fresh, soothing aroma.
- Combine with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex for a relaxing, indulgent massage.
- Place a few drops in your shampoo or conditioner for a floral scent and additional moisturizing properties.
BLENDS containing rose essential oil
- Divine Release
- Egyptian Gold
- Gentle Baby
- Highest Potential
- Inner Harmony
- Journey On
- Trauma Life
- T.R. Care
- White Angelica
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing rose essential oil
- Mirah Luminous Cleansing Oil
- Mirah Lustrous Hair Oil
- Mirah Shave Oil
- Rose Ointment
- Savvy Minerals Hydrating Primer
- Savvy Minerals Misting Spray
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Soak up relaxation: DIY Bath tea with essential oils
In our humble opinion, we’re experts on relaxation! We know how to keep our chill and stay mindful-we even know how to do so luxuriously. Today’s edition of hacks from your resident serenity specialists: DIY bath tea! Bath teas, a sure way to find
Extra Special Citrus Rose Sugar Scrub
Every girl loves to receive roses. So how about a luxurious sugar scrub infused with rose petals and a fresh citrus burst? This scrub takes a bit more effort than ordinary sugar scrubs, but the result is so worth it. The presentation is lovely enough to give as a gift for Mother’s Day or anytime…