- 15 ounces chickpea drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided use
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
- 2 drops Orange Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Rosemary Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 1/2 cups raw mixed nuts such as cashews, pecans, and walnuts
- Zest of half an orange
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place rinsed chickpeas inside a clean kitchen towel and pat dry (they should feel dry to the touch). Remove any skins that come off while drying.
- Spread chickpeas out on a sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the pan or tossing the chickpeas around with a spatula and halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, maple syrup, fresh rosemary, orange zest, Vitality oils, and mixed nuts. Toss until well coated.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven, pour nut mix onto the pan, and toss to combine with chickpeas.
- Lower heat to 350°F. Return sheet pan to oven and roast for an additional 10-12 minutes or until nuts are lightly golden and fragrant.
- Remove pan from oven, let nuts and chickpeas cool to room temperature, and serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, September 2019