- 3/4 cup Gary’s True Grit® Gluten-Free Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality™ essential oil
- 2 drops Nutmeg Vitality™ essential oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a six-cup muffin pan with liners.
- Whisk the pancake mix, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk the egg, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, yogurt, vanilla, and Vitality essential oils together in a separate bowl. Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups evenly with batter.
- Bake the muffins unto a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15-17 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes; then turn out muffins to cool completely.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, October 2019