- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of lemongrass (light portion only), braised with the back of a knife
- 1 drop Lemongrass Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Jade Lemon Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Lime Vitality essential oil
- 2 grapefruits, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 4 tangerines, juiced
- 1 bottle sparkling water, chilled to top
- Grapefruit or orange slices for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, honey, ginger, and lemongrass to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until honey is dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat, cover, and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain syrup. Add the Lemongrass, Jade Lemon, and Lime essential oils. Cool mixture and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the citrus juices and the lemongrass citrus syrup and mix well. Pour into ice-filled glasses and top with sparkling water. Garnish with grapefruit or orange slices and serve.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
From Essential Edge, February 2017