- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced on the bias
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and very finely grated on a microplane
- 1 drop Orange Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Ginger Vitality™ essential oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the carrots and salt and then cook, stirring and shaking the carrots around the pan for about 3-4 minutes. Do not brown.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, orange juice, water, grated ginger, and Vitality oils in a small bowl.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the mixture to the pan (pan will sizzle). Return the pan to the stove and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is syrupy and the carrots are glazed, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, November 2019