For the marinated feta:
- 7 ounces sheep’s milk feta, cut into 12-16 cubes
- 1/2 clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-4 strips of lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 drop Oregano Vitality™
- 1 drop Lemon Vitality™
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or more to cover)
For the skewers:
- Small wooden appetizer skewers
- 12-16 pieces of Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthwise or cut into cubes
- 12-16 pieces of cherry tomatoes, whole or cut into halves or quarters
- 12-16 Kalamota olives, pitted
- Lemon wedges for serving
Make the marinated feta:
- Place feta squares in a single layer in a small, shallow, resealable container.
- Top cubes with garlic, dried oregano, lemon peel, black pepper, Vitality oils, and enough olive oil to cover.
- Cover with a lid; refrigerate and marinate overnight.
Make the skewers:
- Assemble by threading the olives, cucumber ribbons (or cubes), cherry tomatoes, and marinated feta cubes onto the skewers.
- Drizzle skewers with a few spoonfuls of leftover marinade oil and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, August 2019