Find out how to get this product FREE during July!
Young Living fennel essential oil (Foeniculum vulgare) is steam distilled from the crushed seeds of the fennel plant. The leafy herb is native to regions of southern Europe and Asia Minor, but it has since naturalized in locations around the world. Fennel has a rich aroma reminiscent of anise, which gives Fennel oil its licorice-like scent. Although the seeds and oil are used in flavoring, fennel’s complex aroma has also made it popular in soaps, candles, and perfumes.
Botanical Family: Apiaceae
Plant Origin: Hungary
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from the crushed seeds (fruit).
- Trans-Anethole (60-80%)
- Fenchone (8-20%)
- Alpha-Pinene (1-8%)
- Methyl Chavicol (2-6%)
ORAC: 238,400 µTE/100g
Historical: Fennel was believed to ward off evil spirits and to protect against spells cast by witches during medieval times. Sprigs were hung over doors to fend off evil phantasms. Fennel is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, the Ebers Papyrus (dating from 16th century BC), an ancient Egyptian list of 877 prescriptions and recipes. It was listed in Hildegard’s Medicine, a compilation of early German medicines to highly regarded Benedictine herbalist Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179).
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Not intended for use during pregnancy.
- Diffuse at work or while studying to create a grounded environment.
- Reduce the appearance of pores by applying a neutral facial toner and 1–2 drops Fennel on freshly washed skin.
- Use Fennel’s cleansing benefits by adding a few drops to a gentle facial cleanser.
BLENDS containing fennel essential oil
NUTRITION PRODUCTS containing fennel essential oil
- CortiStop Women’s
- Estro Tincture
- K & B Tincture
- Power Meal
- Prostate Health
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing fennel essential oil
See Fennel Vitality
Same premium oil.
Different label for TOPICAL use.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.