- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly grounded black pepper to taste
- 1 8-10 oz. block Greek feta
- 2 drops Oregano Vitality ™ essential oil
- 2 drops Basil Vitality™ essential oil
- Fresh oregano & basil to garnish
- Toasted pita or other crusty bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the block of feta in the middle of a medium, shallow baking dish. Place the tomatoes mixture on top and around the feta. Bake for 15 minutes or until the feta has softened and the tomatoes are fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and place a tablespoon of the warm oil into a small dish. Add the Oregano and Basil essential oils to the warm olive oil and pour the mixture back over the warm tomatoes and feta.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and basil leaves and serve while still warm.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, August 2016