- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- The contents of one chai tea
- 1-2 inch piece fresh turmeric root, thinly sliced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality essential oil
- Raw honey or maple syrup to taste
- Ground cinnamon
- Whisk coconut milk, water chai tea, turmeric, ginger, and coconut oil in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer and cook on low for 10 minutes (do not boil).
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a blender and add Cinnamon Bark Vitality, Black Pepper Vitality, and honey or maple syrup to taste.
- Blend on high until frothy and pour into mugs.
- Serve with a dash of cinnamon on top.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, October 2016