Plectranthus Oregano was introduced at the 2013 Young Living Convention as part of the Exotic Oils kit. It is currently available only as an ingredient in other products.
Plectranthus oregano (Plectranthus amboinicus) is a hardy, aromatic perennial originating from South Africa. Gary Young chose to grow it as an oregano alternative at the 2,500-acre Young Living Ecuador farm. He dubbed it “plectranthus oregano” because of its oregano-like aroma and flavor. Traditionally, plectranthus oregano was used with prayer in the Caribbean to promote relaxation; it also have traditional use in cooking, as a tea, and to support healthy joint mobility.*
Caution: Possible skin sensitivity. Always dilute with carrier oil and use cautiously.
- Diffuse with Thieves® to support healthy air in your home.
- Add a few drops to your favorite massage oil to support joint mobility.*
- Mix 4 drops in V-6™ or another massage oil, along with 4 drops of Xiang Mao, Hong Kuai, Biblical Sweet Myrrh, Yuzu, and Amazonian Ylang Ylang and apply on overworked muscles.*
- Add to extra virgin olive oil to use as a dip for artisan bread.
BLENDS containing Plectranthus Oregano
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing Plectranthus Oregano
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.