Yuzu essential oil was introduced at the 2013 Young Living Convention as part of the Exotic Oils kit. It is currently available only as an ingredient in other products.
Yuzu (citrus pericarp) is a refreshing, small citrus fruit that grows on the cooler mountain slopes of Shikoku Island, Japan. An outdoor vacationland with forested mountains and pure, rushing rivers, Shikoku is the heartland for yuzu citrus orchards, which blanket the sides of small hills and patchwork that face of larger mountainsides. In Japan, yuzu rinds are traditionally placed in warm bathwater as part of a relaxing bath.* This is a beautifully hydrodistilled citrus essential oil—completely clear, yet invitingly aromatic. A key ingredient in NingXia Red, yuzu contains limonoids, which are known to have antioxidant effects.*
Botanical Family: Rutaceae
Plant Origin: China
Extraction Method: Cold-pressed from rind
- Limonene (60-85%)
- Beta-Phellandrene (1-5%)
- Gamma-Terpinene (5-15%)
- Linalool (0.5-3%)
ORAC: 620 µTE/gram
Historical Data: Thought to be a hybrid between Ichang papeda and Satsuma mandarin. Commonly used in cooking and for enhancing flavors due to the fragrant rind. There are a few reports on the use of yuzu essential oil for cosmetics and aromatherapy.
- Place 1 drop in hands, cup the hands over the mouth and nose, and inhale deeply to enhance focus, improve clarity, and support concentration.*
- Diffuse with your favorite citrus oil for fresh, clean air.
- Add 5-8 drops to Young Living Batch & Shower Gel Base for a refreshing bath or shower.
- Add 2 drops to your favorite fruit juice or smoothie.
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing Yuzu essential oil
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.