- 12 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 12 ounces carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper Vitality essential oil
- On a large, parchment-lined sheet pan, toss the cut vegetables with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender, turning halfway with spatula.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and set aside.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil with the garlic and shallots and sweat over low heat for about 1-2 minutes, being careful to not let the mixture brown.
- Add the roasted vegetable, water, and Vitality oils and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup (in batches if needed) in a high-speed blender until the mixture is very smooth and silky. Serve warm.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, January 2020