- 1 cup honey
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces strawberries, sliced
- 1 drop Basil Vitality™ essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes for serving
- Optional: lemon slices, sliced strawberries, and basil leaves for garnish
- Place honey and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat until the honey dissolves. Add the basil and strawberries and bring to a simmer. Turn off heat and add essential oils; cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup mixture through a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl, pressing firmly on the solids. Refrigerate the syrup until chilled and ready to use.
- Pour the remaining 3 cups of water, lemon juice, and strawberry-basil syrup into a pitcher and stir to combine. Add optional lemon slices, sliced strawberries, and basil leaves. Serve cold or over ice.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, June 2019