There are plenty of calcium supplements you can choose from, but Super Cal Plus™ was created to offer more than just calcium and minerals—it is a true bone-health supplement. With a synergistic blend of bioavailable calcium, magnesium, vitamins D and K, and other trace minerals, Super Cal Plus supports the structure, integrity, and density of bones and teeth. Plus, adequate calcium and vitamin D throughout life as part of a well-balanced diet may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.*
Using a marine mineral blend derived from red algae that’s harvested off the coast of Iceland, Super Cal Plus harnesses the power of naturally derived ingredients to bring you the vital minerals found in the most complete bone-support supplements. This unique seaweed absorbs calcium, magnesium, and other trace minerals from ocean water, bringing them together to support overall bone health, including bone-density support. Super Cal Plus also includes a unique fermented polysaccharide complex to support bone resorption and formation. With these powerhouse ingredients, plus a special blend of handpicked essential oils, Super Cal Plus plays an important role in maintaining overall bone health to help you stay moving.*
We carefully selected the ingredients in Super Cal Plus based on the latest research currently available. In contrast to Super Cal, Super Cal Plus features plant-sourced calcium and minerals, as well as a fermented polysaccharide complex. Additionally, Super Cal Plus uses a proprietary essential oil blend and is an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, vitamin K, and vitamin D.*
Young Living is always eager to provide quality nutritional supplements that use the latest studies and science in the health and wellness industry. After six years with Super Cal as an important part of our targeted support lineup, we decided to reformulate the supplement to create a product that utilizes exciting new information and research. This new formula contains bioavailable forms of calcium and magnesium, as well as a trace mineral complex specifically sought after by Founder and Chairman of the Board D. Gary Young.
Features and Benefits
- Uses a synergistic blend of bioavailable calcium, magnesium, and other trace minerals derived from red algae harvested off the coast of Iceland
- Features a dual-action blend that helps maintain and support the structure, integrity, and density of bones*
- Promotes healthy bones by supporting the body’s ability to resorb bone tissue (osteoclasts) and deposit new bone tissue (osteoblasts)*
- Provides an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, vitamin K, and vitamin D
- Helps support and contribute to the maintenance of healthy bones using calcium, magnesium, and a unique matrix of trace minerals*
How to Use
- Take 2 capsules daily with food.
- Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant or nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Why was Super Cal reformulated into Super Cal Plus? Will Super Call still be available?
A. Super Cal Plus uses ingredients based on the latest research available. The calcium and mineral sources are different that Super Cal, and Super Cal Plus utilizes new methods shown to support healthy bones. Super Cal will continue to be a product in our nutritional supplement line only in certain international markets. MegaCal™, however will continue to be part of the line for those who prefer a calcium supplement in powdered form.
- Q. How is the Super Cal Plus formula different from Super Cal?
A. Unlike Super Cal, the calcium and mineral ingredients in Super Cal Plus are derived from plant sources (red algea). Super Cal Plus also includes a fermented glucan ingredient, herbal extracts, and vitamin D and K, to work synergistically with calcium to support the structure, density, and integrity of bones.
- Q. When should I take the supplement? Can the doze be split into two smaller doses?
A. Mineral supplements are best taken close to bedtime with food, however, the efficacy is still adequate when taken at other times of the day. Super Cal Plus can be taken either in one full dose or separately as desired. Keep in mind that calcium impedes iron absorption. Allow at least four hours between taking Super Cal Plus and a supplement containing iron.
- Super Cal Plus™ Dual Action Blend
– Marine minerals
– Fermented polysaccharide complex
_ Winged treebine (Cissus quadrangularis) root extract
– Hops (Humulus lupulus) flower extract
– Tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf extract
- Super Cal Plus™ Essential Oil Blend
– Idaho Blue spruce (Picea pungens)† wood/branch/leaf oil
– Black spruce (Picea mariana)† wood/branches/needle oil
– Copaiba (oleorsin)(Copaifera officinalis)† wood oil
– Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides)† root oil
– Peppermint (Mentha piperita)† aerial parts oil
- Other Ingredients
– Stearic acid
– Non-GMO corn starch
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.