- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 medium stalks of celery, finely sliced
- 1/2 pound mixed mushrooms (like cremini and shitaki), stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mushroom or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 drops Celery Seed Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Sage Vitality essential oil
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Yields 4-6 servings
- Cook rice according to package instructions, until just tender. Drain excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- While rice cooks, preheat oven to 350°F. Place pecans on baking sheet and toast until browned and fragrant, 4-5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced celery and sauté, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining oil along with sliced mushrooms, salt, and a generous pinch of pepper.. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked rice, stock cranberries, golden raisins, and essential oils. Cover and simmer until liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes. Stir parsley.
- Add toasted pecans and green onions. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, November 2017