- Olive oil
- 2-4 small sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Manchego cheese
- 1 drop Thyme Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Oregano Vitality essential oil
- 1/4 cup cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz. fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease four small ovenproof ramekins (preferably cast-iron) with a little olive oil.
- Place ramekins on oven tray and place in oven tray and place in oven to preheat for a few minutes while you prepare the eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, oregano, Manchego cheese, and essential oils with a fork and set aside.
- Crack eggs into individual cups and season generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Remove tray from oven and quickly, but carefully (the cream will bubble), pour cream evenly into each dish. Once the bubbling has subsided, carefully slide the eggs with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Place back in oven for 5 minutes (until the whites of the eggs are almost set).
- Remove tray once again and sprinkle the herb and cheese mixture over the eggs. Bake for another 1-2 minutes, just until the mixture is melted. Do not over bake; the eggs will continue to set after removed from the oven.
- Serve warm.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
From Essential Edge March 2017