For the Plums:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 stick of cinnamon
- 4 small plums, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Orange Cream:
- 1 can of regular coconut milk, chilled for 24 hours
- 1 tablespoon fresh pressed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 4 drops Orange Vitality essential oil
Make the Plums:
- In a medium saucepan, warm the coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon stick, and sea salt over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and looks syrupy, about 3 minutes. Add the plums to the mixture and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until plums are tender and starting to break down, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 or 2 minutes before adding the Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and transfer the mixture to a small blender or food processor. Blend the mixture until smooth; then pass it through a fine sieve into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled.
Make the Orange Cream:
- Place a metal mixing bowl in the refrigerator 1 hour before making whipped cream.
- Open chilled can of coconut milk and scoop out just the coconut cream into the mixing bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the coconut cream until soft peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the orange juice, honey, and Orange Vitality essential oil. Beat the mixture for another minute until fluffy.
Assemble the Fools:
- Fold two thirds of the plum puree gently into the whipped coconut cream using a large spatula, leaving streaks throughout. Do not over mix.
- Transfer to individual serving dishes, drizzling the remaining plum puree throughout, and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, August 2016