- 1/2 cup cashew butter (roasted and unsalted)
- 5 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil (in liquid state)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality oil
- 2 drops Clove Vitality oil
- 2 scoops Pure Protein Complete – Vanilla Spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
Yield: 12 cookies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix cashew butter, maple syrup, molasses, coconut oil, vanilla, and essential oils until smooth.
- Add Pure Protein, baking soda, spices, and salt, stirring until a sticky dough comes together.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop, drop dough 1-2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies about 8 minutes until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center.
- Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will firm as they cool.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, December 2017