- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup Young Living organic dried wolfberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Young Living Yacon Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
Yield: Makes about 6 bars
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9×5 inch loaf pan with a piece of parchment.
- In a food processor or with a sharp knife, finely chop the nuts. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet, bring coconut oil, honey, yacon syrup, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Lower heat and cook whisking occasional until bubbling slows and mixture becomes more syrupy and darkens in color (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add chopped nuts and dried fruit and mix until will coated and sticky.
- Pour immediately into parchment lined pan and press down firmly with a spatula to smooth top.
- Place in fridge to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Cut into 6 bars and store in an airtight container in fridge.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, January 2018