- 15-ounce can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cup (about 15 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality oil
- 2 drops Clove Vitality oil
- 2 drops Nutmeg Vitality oil
Yield: Makes about 2 jars
- Bring pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon stick, and grated ginger to a simmer in a large, wide saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the butter is thick, about 45 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract essential oils. Simmer for 10 minutes until butter is a spreadable consistency.
- Pour into clean jars, cover, and refrigerate.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, October 2017