- 12 oz. finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Zest of 1 small lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large egg white
- 8 drops Lime Vitality essential oil
- 4 drop Bergamot Vitality essential oil
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg white along with a pinch of salt until light and frothy. Add the Lime Vitality and Bergamot Vitality to the egg whites and stir into the coconut mixture; mix well.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop, form into balls and space evenly on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Transfer baking sheets to wine rack and let cool.
- Macaroons are best east the day they are made but can be kept for five days in an airtight container.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
From Essential Edge April 2017