Formerly known as Idaho Balsam Fir, this Young Living fan favorite is back with a new name: Idaho Grand Fir! The oil, aroma, and benefits are unchanged, offering a woodsy, refreshing aroma reminiscent of a freshly cut Christmas tree. Grand fir trees are native to the Pacific Northwest of the United States, and for centuries Native Americans have used them to promote well-being and the sensation of deeper breathing.
We call it Idaho Grand Fir because ours comes from the Young Living Highland Flats Tree Farm in Naples, Idaho, where every year Young Living members participate in the annual Winter Harvest, allowing them to experience our Seed to Seal® quality commitment firsthand.
Idaho Grand Fir has a woodsy, refreshing aroma that evokes nostalgia of smelling a freshly cut Christmas tree. It’s like crisp, fresh, evergreen mountain air in a bottle.
Idaho Grand Fir essential oil is steam distilled from the needles and branches of the grand fir trees grown at Young Living’s Highland Flats Tree Farm and Distillery in Naples, Idaho. This tree is popularly used in the U.S. as a Christmas tree. It is one of the tallest fir species in the world.
Why change the name if the oil is the same? Until now the closest registered scientific name for the oil was Abies balsamea (Balsam Fir). Recently, however, the Personal Care Products Council approved the use of the scientific name Abies grandis (Grand Fir) for use on the label.
Benefits & Features
- Supports the feeling of normal, clear breathing when combined with R.C.™ and applied to chest and neck
- Soothes tired, fatigued muscles when combined with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or Ortho Ease® and used in massage
- Soothes the skin and smooths imperfections when combined with Lavender essential oil and applied topically
- Increases spirituality when used during meditation
- Offers an aroma that creates a relaxing and stress-free environment
- Contains the constituents beta pinene, alpha pinene, camphene, and beta phellandrene
- Combine with Cool Azul® Pain Relief Cream, which relieves daily aches and pains.
- Diffuse to enjoy the cleansing aroma.
- Diffuse for a grounding, relaxing, and calming atmosphere.
- Diffuse outdoors for an annoyance-free atmosphere.
- Pair with Copaiba, Frankincense, and PanAway®.
- Apply or diffuse during yoga or breathwork practices.
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area.
- Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health care professional prior to use. Flammable: Do not use near fire, flame, heat, or sparks.
- Do not store above room temperature.
Young Living BLENDS containing Idaho Grand Fir