Micromeria was introduced at the 2013 Young Living Convention as part of the Exotic Oils kit. It is currently available only as an ingredient in other products.
Micromeria (Micromeria fruticosa) is a perennial herb that grows naturally in the deserts of Arabia and the Middle East. Also known as white savory, white zuta, and Israeli energy tea, micromeria was traditionally used as a natural herbicide for soil and to keep insects from the house. Bedouins use this oil to support a healthy digestive tract and cardiovascular system.* It is also used as a favorite cooking spice and a popular tea. A survey of wild, edible plants used in Palestine rated micromeria the sixth most significant plant out of 100 species.
Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
Plant Origin: Israel
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from leaf, stem, and flower
- Pulegone (50-65%)
- Menthol (7-12%)
- Beta-Caryophyllene (3-9%)
- Isopulegol (3-6%)
- Menthone (1-5%)
- Neomenthol (1-5%)
- Mix 2-3 drops with 5-6 drops of V-6™ and apply to chest to support the respiratory system.*
- Diffuse with Thieves® during the winter to support healthy immune function.*
- Gently massage onto the abdomen to support the digestive system.*
- Mix with olive oil to make a bread dip.
- Inhale to enliven the spirit and refresh the mind.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.