- 4.5 ounce semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons natural (non-alkaline) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 scoop Pure Protein Complete – Chocolate
- 2 drops Peppermint Vitality
Makes 12 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a heat-proof glass bowl set over a small saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir with a spatula until fully melted. Remove from heat and set aside until the mixture is cool enough to handle.
- Combine the egg and coconut sugar in a medium bowl and beat the mixture with a hand-held mixer until it thickens, lightens in color, and increase in volume.
- Sift in cocoa powder, baking soda, and Pure Protein Complete. Gently whisk until combined. Fold in the cooled melted chocolate mixture.
- Chill the batter in the fridge until it’s thick enough to scoop, about 10 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the batter about 1 1/2 inches apart onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the cookies begin to crack on top, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, December 2018