For the carrot cake waffles:
- 1 1/2 cups Gary’s True Grit® Gluten-Free Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Young Living Yacon Syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (plus more for waffle iron)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality™ essential oil
- 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
For the cream cheese syrup:
- 4 ounces cream cheese (either vegan almond cheese or regular)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together the waffle mix, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, Yacon Syrup, eggs, melted coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and essential oils until smooth. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix will to combine. Add the shredded carrots, flaked coconut, and walnuts and stir to combine. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes. In the meantime, make the cream cheese syrup.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, maple syrup, and lemon juice until smooth. Whisk in the coconut milk as necessary to create a pourable consistency.
- Heat a waffle iron at medium heat and brush with melted coconut oil. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the waffle iron and close. Cook until the waffle is golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack set on a baking sheet in a low-temperature oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with raisins, more walnuts, and cream cheese syrup. Serve warm.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, May 2019