- 3/4 cup creamy, unsweetened almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 scoops Pure Protein Complete—Chocolate Deluxe
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Optional: 4 drops Orange Vitality™ essential oil for chocolate-orange muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In a large brown, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, applesauce, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Stir until combined. Sift in cocoa powder, Pure Protein Complete, and baking soda. Mix again. Stir in mini chocolate chips and Orange Vitality, if using. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until just firm on top (do not overbake). Let cool completely on wire rack.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, September 2017