- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp fine pink salt
- 1 tsp raw honey
Key Lime Filling:
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 drops Lime Vitality essential oil
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor combine almond flour, tapioca flour, cold butter, sea salt.
- Add in honey and eggs and process until dough combines.
- Transfer dough to refrigerator for 1-4 hours or overnight.
- Remove and separate into two balls (for mini tarts) or one large ball (for regular size tart).
- Grease tart pans and gently press dough in the center, working up the sides and the bottom.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes until light golden brown.
- While crusts are baking, blend together key lime filling ingredients.
- Once the shells are bakes, pour in filling and bake for a remaining 15-20 minutes, unil filling is firm to the touch.
- Top with coconut whipped cream or meringue and garnish with zest.
By Alexis Kornblum of LexisCleanKitchen.com
Source: The Essential Edge, May 2015