Prep time: 30 minutes, plus cooling time
Makes 12 truffles
- 6 oz dark chocolate (at least 50% cacao), finally chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Pink of salt
- 2 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 2 drops Ginger Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality essential oil
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- Combine the coconut oil, Yacon Syrup, coconut milk, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer (do not boil).
- Pour mixture over reserved chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1-2 minutes; then stir gently until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the drops of essential oil.
- Refrigerate until mixture is just set, about 2 hours.
- With a small scoop, make 12 balls, rolling each between the palms of your hands to smooth.
- Place about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder in the bottom of a shallow plate or dish. Roll each truffle in the cocoa until coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to firm and serve.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
Truffles can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, November 2015