Xiang Mao [pronounced sh-ong m-ou] (Cymbopogon citratus) is a rapid growing, aromatic clump grass that can grow up to 6 feet tall. Young Living’s Xiang Mao essential oil, commonly known as red lemongrass, is an organic essential oil that is distilled from the xiang mao grass that is grown on the mountain slopes by the Paiwan aboriginal tribe in southeaster Taiwan. The Paiwan community, known as “Big Bird,” cooperates with Dr. Ginn Le of the Young Living Taiwan Farm to supply this exclusive essential oil. Xiang mao is translated as “aromatic grass for rapid enlightenment.” Xiang mao was traditionally used to freshen household air, enlighten the mind, and moisten the skin. It was also used in folk medicine for its calming effects and the promote relaxation.
Xiang Mao Videos
How to Use
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required except for the most sensitive skin.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Use as a cleaning agent to help purify surfaces.
- Diffuse as a powerful air purifier and odor eliminator.
- Mix with V-6™ or another massage oil and apply to feet for a boost in immune support.*
- Apply to skin for a lasting moisturizer that calms and relaxes.
* Modern scientific research has not yet validated these traditional claims. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.