As part of the Young Living family, we do not need to worry about triggering unwanted illnesses from overexposure to the sun or controversial ingredients. Instead, we have 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils and all-natural ingredients as solutions. These give us the ability to create a custom “formula” that we can individualize for our skin.
Following are suggested ratios for customizing a do-it-yourself skin-friendly recipe with Young Living essential oils. Remember that the ingredient ratios will depend on your skin. As you tweak your formula, always test it on an area to check for any reaction.
- Begin by using ½ cup of Young Living’s V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex.
- Add a combination of myrrh (4–5 drops), carrot seed (4–5 drops), and lavender (20 drops) essential oils.
- Blend well and store in a dark-colored bottle.
- To use: Liberally apply combo over exposed areas.
- Remember to reapply every couple of hours throughout the day, especially when participating in water activities.
When out in the sun for any amount of time, remember to avoid citrus essential oils that are photosensitive and can create discoloration of your skin. In addition, do not forget your lips. Keep Lavender Lip Balm, or any of the other Young Living lip balms, handy to keep your lips supple and moist. Be sure to also keep LavaDerm Cooling Mist on hand in case you do get too much sun exposure.
—Gloria Russo, YL Product Marketing Manager
Source: Young Living Blog.