Young Living patchouli essential oil (Pogostemon cablin), sometimes called “the scent of the sixties,” has a musky, earthy, exotic aroma. In Eastern cultures, it is commonly used around the house to provide general support for health and to help release negative emotions. It may improve the appearance of dry, dull skin and is an ideal complement when added to your favorite skin care products.
Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
Plant Origin: Indonesia
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from flowers
- Patchoulol (27-35%)
- Bulnesene (13-21%)
- Alpha-Guaiene (11-16%)
- Beta-Patchoulene (1.8-3.5%)
- Beta-Caryophyllene (2-5%)
- Pogostol (1-2.5%)
- Norpatchoulenol (0.35-1%)
- Copaene (trace -1%)
ORAC: 49,400 µTE/100g
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
- May improve the appearance of dry, chapped skin.
- May be added to your favorite skin care products.
- Diffuse for a calming, relaxing, peaceful, and loving atmosphere.
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents patchoulol, bulnesene, and alpha-guaiene.
BLENDS containing patchouli essential oil
PERSONAL & HOUSEHOLD products containing patchouli essential oil
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.