Young Living melissa essential oil (Melissa officinalis) comes from the melissa plant, which is also known as lemon balm and is part of the Lamiaceae—or mint—family. Young Living Melissa oil comes from our St. Maries farm in Idaho, where the oil is steam distilled from aerial parts of the plant before it flowers. Melissa essential oil has a grassy, lemony scent that creates a pleasant, calming atmosphere
Botanical Family: Lamiaceae
Plant Origin: Utah, Idaho, France
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from aerial parts before flowering
- Geranial (25-35%)
- Neral (18-28%)
- Beta-Caryophyllene (12-19%)
ORAC: 134,300 µTE/100g
Historical: Melissa was the main ingredient in Carmelite water, distilled in France since 1611 by the Carmelite monks.
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops of product directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Combine a few drops with water in a glass spray bottle. Spritz on your face for a refreshing experience and uplifting aroma.
- Add a couple of drops to your favorite body lotion and apply to skin in the evening for added moisture and a calming aroma.
- Diffuse in the evening or during quiet times of the day to create a soothing, comforting atmosphere.
- Add a few drops to your nightly skin regimen to support healthy-looking skin.
BLENDS containing melissa essential oil
- Brain Power
- Build Your Dream
- Divine Release
- Inner Harmony
- White Angelica
NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS containing melissa essential oil
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing melissa essential oil
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.