Young Living jasmine essential oil (Jasminum officinale) has a rich, sultry aroma that makes this oil feel alluring and romantic. It’s extracted from the flowering jasmine plant—part of the olive family—through absolute extraction.
To maximize the fragrance of Jasmine oil, the flower must be picked at night before sunrise, adding to the oil’s mystique and allure. Additionally, this precious oil requires more than 10 pounds of flowers to make one 5-ml bottle.
In addition to its romantic and exotic qualities, Jasmine essential oil uses include support for healthy-looking skin. Add it to your favorite lotions or skin treatments to enhance your natural glow and support the appearance of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
**Jasmine is an absolute or essence, rather than an essential oil.
Botanical Family: Oleaceae
Plant Origin: India
Extraction Method: Absolute extraction from flower. Jasmine is actually an “essence” not an essential oil. The flowers must be picked at night to maximize fragrance.
Note: One pound of jasmine oil requires about 1,000 pounds of jasmine or 3.6 million fresh, unpacked blossoms. The blossoms must be collected before sunrise, or much of the fragrance will have evaporated. The quality of the blossoms may also be compromised if they are crushed. A single pound of pure jasmine oil may cost between $1,200 and $4,500. In contracts, synthetic jasmine oils can be obtained for $3.50 per pound, but they do not process the therapeutic qualities as the pure oil.
- Benzyl Acetate (18-28%)
- Benzyl Benzoate (14-21%)
- Linalol (3-8%)
- Phytol (6-12%)
- Isophytol (3-7%)
- Squalene (3-7%)
Historical Data: Nicknamed as the “queen of the night” and “moonlight of the grove.” For centuries, women have treasured jasmine for its beautiful, seductive fragrance.
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour three times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practioner prior to use.
- Storage: Keep in a cool dark place.
- Apply 2–4 drops directly to the skin or add a few drops to a neutral lotion and massage onto skin.
- Rub a few drops onto wrists or the nape of the neck for an empowering, confidence-boosting personal fragrance.
- Diffuse the relaxing aroma in the evening to unwind after a long day.
- Add a few drops during your conditioner application or include it in a DIY hair mask to nourish your hair and scalp and create healthy-looking hair.
- Include 5–10 drops in your evening bath for a calming, spa-like experience.
BLENDS containing jasmine essential oil
- Dragon Time
- Gentle Baby
- Highest Potential
- Inner Child
- Into the Future
- Lady Sclareol
- The Gift
- T.R. Care
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing jasmine essential oil
- ART Sheerlumé Face Cream
- Dragon Time Bath & Shower Gel
- Dragon Time Massage Oil
- Evening Peace Bath & Shower Gel
- Genesis Hand & body Lotion
- Lavender Volume Shampoo
- LBriante Amoressence & Winter Blends
- Mirah Shave Oil
- Sensation Hand & Body Lotion
- Sensation Massage Oil
- Sensation Bath & Shower Gel
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.