For the filling:
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 drops Lemon Vitality
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup Gary’s True Grit Gluten-Free Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- Whipped cream, yogurt, or frozen yogurt on the side
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- For the filling, mix blueberries, coconut sugar, tapioca starch, lemon juice, and Lemon Vitality in a large bowl. Transfer to an 8-inch round baking dish.
- Place topping ingredients in a medium bowl. Using clean hands, squeeze topping together until clumps form.
- Evenly sprinkle topping over filling. Bake until center bubbles and topping is brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream, yogurt, or frozen yogurt on the side.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
From Essential Edge, May 2017