Young Living copaiba essential oil (Copaifera reticulata) is a powerful essential oil from South America and may promote wellness and can be an important part of a daily health regimen*. It can be mixed with honey and warm water for a warming, essential oil-infused tea. Copaiba contains the highest amounts of beta caryophyllene of any known essential oil.
Botanical Family: Fabaceae
Plant Origin: Brazil
Extraction Method: Steam distilled (vacuum distilled) from gum resin exudate from tapped trees
- Alpha-Copaene (2-5%)
- Alpha-Humulene (6-10%)
- Beta-Caryophyllene (39-72%)
- Delta-Cadinene (2-3%)
- Delta-Elemene (2-3%)
- Germacrene D(4-6%)
- Trans-Alpha-Bergamotene (3-11%)
Note: The word “Copal” is derived from the Spanish word for incense (copelli) and can refer to any number of different resinous gums or exudates from trees in Malaysia and South America. Copals are known as black (Protium copal), white (blanco) (Bursera bipinnata), gold (oro) (H. courbaril), and Brazilian (Copaifera langsdorfii or reticulata). Only Brazilian copal or copaibi has a GRAS distinction in the U.S. and has the most published research.
How To Use
- Dietary Supplement Directions: Put 2 drops in a capsule. Take 3 times daily or as needed.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
BLENDS containing copaiba essential oil
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing copaiba essential oil
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.