- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, chopped
- 5 cups filtered water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup plain unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2-3 drop Fennel Vitality essential oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy saucepan or soup box.
- Add fennel and cook, stirring until softened (about 3 minutes); do not brown.
- Add the carrots and garlic; cook another minute.
- Pour in water and season with salt.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered until carrots are tender (about 20-25 minutes).
- Remove soup from heat and puree it in batches in a high speed blender or with an immersion blender.
- Stir in coconut yogurt and Fennel Vitality essential oil and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fennel fronds if desired and serve warm.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
From Essential Edge January 2017