- 8 oz. filtered water
- 10 oz. bittersweet (70%) chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup (optional)
- 3-4 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- Ice and water for ice bath
- Place enough water and ice into a large (preferably stainless steel) mixing bowl to cover the bottom and nestle a slightly smaller bowl inside to create an ice bath. Set aside.
- Bring the filtered water to a boil in a saucepan, turn off heat, add the Yacon Syrup and chopped chocolate, and whisk until melted and smooth. Add Peppermint Vitality essential oil and whisk again.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the mixing bowl sitting on top of the ice bath and whisk vigorously until mixture becomes thick and ribbon-like. If you over mix your mousse, it will become grainy. If this happens, add more chopped chocolate to mixture, melt over the heat, and whisk again until thick and ribbon-like.
- Spoon mouse into serving cups to serve or cover and refrigerate to firm.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, September 2015