- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in filtered water for 6-8 hours, then drained)
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (plus extra for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (plus extra to drizzle on top)
- The juice of one large lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 4 drops a Basil Vitality essential oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp filtered water (plus more if necessary to thin)
- Fresh-cut vegetables to serve
- If using a high-speed blender, you can blend all of the ingredients (except for the fresh cut vegetables) together on high until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as necessary and adding extra tablespoon of water if needed to thin the mixture.
- If using a food processor, pulse the cashews, garlic, spinach, and herbs together first, then add the rest of the ingredients and process until creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add water as necessary to achieve a creamy consistency. (NOTE: A high-speed blender with create a lighter and creamier dip than the food processor.)
- Serve drizzled with extra olive oil and basil leaves alongside fresh-cut vegetables.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, September 2015