Prep Time: 40 minutes plus chill time
For the Strawberry Syrup:
- 8 oz strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup wildflower honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/4 cup filters water
For the Sparkling Strawberry Limeade:
- 1 batch of Strawberry Syrup (divided use)
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice (divided use)
- 6 drops of Lime Vitality essential oil (divided use)
- Crushed ice for serving
To make the Strawberry Syrup:
- Combine the strawberries with the honey and water in a shallow, small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook over low heat until the strawberries are soft and the juices are bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve (pressing hard on the solids to extract as much juice as possible) and refrigerate syrup until completely cool.
To make the Strawberry Limeades:
- Place 2 tablespoons of the Strawberry Syrup in the bottom of a glass, along with 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 1 drop of Lime Vitality essential oil.
- Add 2-3 ounces of crushed ice and top off with about 3 ounces of sparkling water.
- Repeat with other glasses, stir, and serve immediately.
By Sylvie Shirazi of Gourmande in the Kitchen
Source: The Essential Edge, August 2015