Young Living blue cypress essential oil (Callitris intratropica) is steam distilled from the wood of the tree, which is indigenous to Australia. It has a wide variety of traditional uses, which include supporting the body’s natural response to irritation and injury as well as aiding normal breathing. This oil also has historical use as an additive in perfumes and as an adhesive.
Botanical Family: Cupressaceae
Plant Origin: Australia
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from the leaves and wood of the tree
- Gamma-Eudesmol (5-12%)
- Guaiol (10-20%)
- Bulnesol (5-11%)
- Dihydrocolumellarin (10-25%)
ORAC: 73,100 µTE/100g
How To Use
- Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required except for the most sensitive skin.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to one hour three times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health-care practitioner prior to use.
Blue Cypress Tips
- Diffuse in your home to create a forest-fresh feel on bright spring mornings.
- Use with a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil or V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex for a relaxing post-workout massage.
- Implement into your shaving routine by adding a few drops to your shaving cream or by creating a custom beard oil.
- Combine with complementing oils like Lavender, Frankincense, or Sacred Sandalwood to create a moisturizing custom scent.
BLENDS containing blue cypress essential oil
- Australian Blue
- Brain Power
- Breathe Again Roll-On
- Build Your Dream
- Cool Azul
- Divine Release
- T.R. Care
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing blue cypress essential oil
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.