Bergamot essential oil (Citrus bergamia) has a light citrus aroma, which makes it a great oil to help you get going in the morning or refresh your kitchen before dinner. The peel of the yellow-green, orange-shaped fruit is cold pressed to create the pure Young Living Bergamot oil found in homes around the world.
Bergamot’s aroma is tart yet sweet and uplifting yet relaxing, making it a popular oil in perfumes, cosmetics, and lotions. In addition to its scent, Bergamot has attracted attention for its cleansing properties, and it’s often used as a luxurious ingredient in shampoos, soaps, and cleansers. However, because Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying the oil before spending time outside.
Botanical Family: Rutaceae
Plant Origin: Italy, Morocco
Extraction Method: Cold pressed from the rind; also produced by vacuum distillation. Furocoumarin-free bergamot oil is specially distilled to minimize the concentration of sun-sensitizing compounds in the oil.
- Limonene (30-45%)
- Linalyl Acetate (22-36%)
- Linalol (3-15%)
- Gamma-Terpinene (6-10%)
- Beta-Pinene (5.5-9.5%)
How To Use
- Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
- Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. May cause photosensitivity. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 48 hours after applying product.
- Diffuse at home, in the classroom, or while working to create an uplifting, positive environment.
- Place in the palms of your hands and inhale to experience a calming aroma during unsettling times.
- Combine a couple of drops with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and use for an invigorating massage.
- Add to your nightly skin care regimen to create the appearance of smoother-looking skin. Keep in mind that Bergamot can cause photosensitivity, so avoid sun exposure after any application.
- Include a few drops in homemade cleaners to add an uplifting aroma to your chores.
BLENDS containing bergamot essential oil
- Build Your Dream
- Divine Release
- Gentle Baby
- T.R. Care
- White Angelica
PERSONAL PRODUCTS containing bergamot essential oil
- ART Renewal Serum
- Dragon Time Bath & Shower Gel
- Genesis Hand & Body Lotion
- Prenolone Plus Body Cream
- Progessence Plus Serum
- Savvy Minerals Misting Spray
- Seedlings™ Baby Lotion
- Seedlings™ Baby Oil
- Seedlings™ Baby Wash and Shampoo
- Seedlings™ Baby Wipes
- Seedlings™ Linen Spray
See Bergamot Vitality
Same premium oil.
Different label for TOPICAL use.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.